UZH Bachelor and Master students of English Literature and/or Linguistics can use the application form below to apply for support from the ES Alumni Student Fund.
The following types of applications may be considered for support, as finances allow:
- travel costs for conference attendance, field research, or similar;
- contribution towards material for research projects;
- projects providing curricular support for students of English;
- study-related cultural events;
- travel costs for study exchanges outside of Europe;
- course-related excursions (max. CHF 50.- per student).
The ES Alumni Student Fund does not support social events (e.g. student parties).
Note: Attendance of summer schools can only be considered if (a) there is a very close link between a current research project and the summer school in question (e.g. topic of the Master Thesis), or (b) there is a very close connection between the UZH English Department and a given summer school (e.g. the Trieste Joyce School has ties to the Zurich James Joyce Foundation).
- Applications must be submitted in advance. It is not usually possible to receive an ES Alumni Student Fund grant if a project has already been completed.
- Please submit your application by email.
- The Chapter Coordinators, in consultation with the Head of Department, decide whether or not an application can be supported. They will notify the applicants of the decision. If a request has been granted, the Chapter Coordinators will also specify the maximum amount of financial support the project will receive.
- The Chapter Coordinators' decision is final. Applicants cannot appeal the decision.
- Successful applicants must document their expenses (e.g. collect receipts, bills, etc.). Only documented expenses will be reimbursed.