Disclaimer: The applicable legal regulations can be found in the framework ordinance (Rahmenverordnung) and the program regulation (Studienordnung) for the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. The information below is for illustrative purposes only and should be regarded as a recommendation. In case of any contradictions between this document and the legal regulations or between the German version and a translation, only the legal regulations or the German version, respectively, have legal bearing.
This section is intended for students who enrolled in a Master program in English Literature and/or Linguistics in the spring 2019 or earlier.
The intention is to provide clear guidelines, as well as some useful checklists, for all students making the transition from the old Master programs to the new Bologna-2020 programs.
How to Proceed?
Students are encouraged to consult:
- the detailed information on their particular study program (see below);
- if necessary, the general overview of Equivalent Modules.
Transition vs. Continuing in an Old Program
- Students enrolled in the 90-ECTS Master program in English Literature and Linguistics will be moved into the corresponding new program (i.e. they are making a transition from an old to a new program).
- All other students can continue in the old programs, but only until the spring semester 2022. (After the spring semester 2022, students who were unable to finish an old program will have to swap to a new program. It is therefore advisable to try and finish before the spring 2022.)
Important Note: Students may also choose to switch to one of the two new programs at any point during their studies. However, before doing so, one should contact the Advisor of Studies.
Case 1: Automatic Transition to a New Program
Case 2: Continuing in an Old Program (until Spring 2022)
- Master Programs in Literature and Linguistics
- Master Programs in Literature
- Master Programs in Linguistics