Starting with the Fall Semester 2013, the deadlines for booking and cancelling modules taught in the Faculty of Arts will be very different from the deadlines in previous semesters.
The modules taught in the Faculty of Arts will become available for booking over the course of three days:
- Day 1: the modules offered by the Department of Political Science;
- Day 2: the modules offered by the Institute of Mass Communication and Media Resarch;
- Day 3: all the other modules taught in the Faculty of Arts.
While it will still be possible to book new modules until the Sunday of the second week of classes, the cancellation period will end earlier, namely on the Friday of the second week of classes (i.e. the cancellation period will be significantly shorter than in previous semesters). Two important consequences are:
- Last-minute cancellations may result in places becoming available in previously fully-booked courses.
- If you wish to book a place in any of these modules on the Saturday or Sunday after the cancellation period has ended, they can no longer be cancelled (i.e. the booking is absolutely binding).
For the exact booking deadlines, please consult http://www.es.uzh.ch/teaching/MA/machanges.html. (The dates for the Fall Semester 2013 will be available from Tuesday, May 29, 2013.)