SHAKESPEARE WEEK 2023 - Information Meeting
Oxford and Stratford-Upon-Avon, Monday 17th – Saturday 22nd July 2023
Monday, 20th March at 6 p.m. in room PLH-E-5
All students welcome (3ECTS BA elective à module booking in HS23)
During the session you will be offered an overview of the programme for the week and answer any questions on practicalities and assessment.
A google form for pre-registration will be made available on www.es.uzh.ch/shakespeareweek after the meeting.
The places for the excursion are limited to 12 students. Places will be assigned on a first served first come basis.
The Programme will include:
- Shakespeare’s As you like it at The Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre in Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Romeo and Juliet in Oxford
- Workshops and Q&A with RSC actors
- A tour of Stratford’s Shakespearean houses and much more!
Check the past excursions page on www.es.uzh.ch/shakespeareweek to see past programmes and students’ testimonials.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Dr Beatrice Montedoro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest lecture Prof. Ad Putter (University of Bristol): 'Dutch and German in Medieval England: New Discoveries and Research Opportunities'
- Lecture Series: “Variation and change in the history of the English lexicon” Convenors: Olga Timofeeva & Annina Seiler
- Chaucer Marathon
- Gentle Introduction to Bayesian Infererence - Workshop with Prof. Dr. Don van Ravenzwaaij (University of Groningen)
- Words, Books, Images, and the Long Eighteenth Century
- Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Bronfen has been elected a member of the University Board of the University of Regensburg, and a member of the Advisory Board of the Hamburg Institute for Advanced Study (HIAS).
- Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Bronfen has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- Prof. Dr Andreas H. Jucker has been reelected President of the European Society for the Study of English (ESSE).
- Prof. Dr. Isabel Karremann Appointed New Editor of the Shakespeare-Jahrbuch