The University of Zurich offers its employees several opportunities to spend some time abroad or to invite staff members from partner universities to spend a few days or weeks at the UZH.
- PhD students: study semester exchange via SEMP (European partner universities)
- PhD students: UZH Doc.Mobility
- Junior researchers: GRC funding for stay abroad 2 weeks to 2 months (worldwide)
- Teaching staff: staff mobility for teaching assignments (STA) (within Europe)
- Administrative staff: staff mobility for training (STT) (within Europe)
Within Europe, the UZH operates within Swiss-European Mobility Program (SEMP) and maintains exchange contracts with several partner universities, which offer reciprocal semester exchange opportunities for PhD students. The SEMP framework further offers funding opportunities for in- and outbound teaching or training staff mobility.
The UZH Doc.Mobility offers PhD students the chance to conduct part of their research at another institutions abroad (6-12 months).
The UZH Graduate Campus offers worldwide travel grants to junior researchers who would like to stay abroad at another university, participate in summer/winter schools or conduct field studies abroad.
For further information and guidelines on how to apply for each of the options, please have a look at the Staff Exchange Options. In case of further questions, please contact the stay abroad coordinator.