Getting Ready in Zurich for the Shakespeare Week
Participants are asked to read the scheduled plays in advance (there will be no time for this in London and Stratford-upon-Avon). We recommend that students participate in the readings sessions preceding the excursion. Unless stated otherwise, these readings take place at the English Department, in room PLH 5 (PLH). In these readings, students have the opportunity to discuss the play with a PhD student who has already participated in the excursion. In lectures and discussions, you will be expected to be familiar with the plays and to have read the full texts. You will need to have your own texts with you (preferably Arden editions).
Visit https://www.rsc.org.uk/whats-on/ to find out more about the performances.
|Saturday, 5 August, 2017||Twelfth Night||Globe, London|
|Sunday, 6 August, 2017||–||–|
|Monday, 7 August, 2017||Titus Andronicus||RST, Stratford|
|Tuesday, 8 August, 2017||Salomé (Oscar Wilde)||Swan, Stratford|
|Wednesday, 9 August, 2017||–||–|
|Thursday, 10 August, 2017||Julius Caesar||RST, Stratford|
|Friday, 11 August, 2017||Antony & Cleopatra||RST, Stratford|
|Saturday, 12 August, 2017||–||–|
The 2017 programme also includes the following options
- A stay in London to see a Globe theatre performance.
- Lecture, Q&A, workshops on performance practice, theatre exploration, and exhibition at the Globe.
- Pre-performance talks on the plays.
- Post-performance discussions on the plays.
- RSC Q&A sessions with actors and/or directors.
- An RSC 'Renaissance Dance Class'
- An RSC directing workshop.
- An RSC theatre tour.
- A visit to the 'Trust Treasures' display at the RSC.
- Visits to Shakespeare's Birthplace and Shakespeare's New Place.