Before you arrive, you should familiarize yourself with our course programme to get an idea of what courses to sign up for. Please check the online university course programme. Make sure the button at the top right of the page states the term you are coming for, HS = “autumn term” (Herbstsemester), FS = “spring term” (Frühjahrssemester).
Choosing Your Courses
Before you choose your courses please note:
- If you have not yet completed your Bachelor degree, you cannot sign up for a Master course.
- If you stay for one term, you usually cannot take part in a course that runs for two terms.
- If you successfully complete a lecture course, you will be awarded credit points but usually not a grade. Check with your home university beforehand to determine whether or not they accept credit points without a grade.
- The course “Guided Reading” is intended for advanced students already studying for a Master degree.
- The course “Reading List” is intended for advanced students nearing the end of their Bachelor studies.
You may discuss your course options with the study abroad coordinator of our department, Dr. des. Martin Mühlheim (email@example.com), via e-mail. Visit his office as soon as possible after your arrival or at the latest in the first week of term to finalize your decision and sign a departmental learning agreement. Only after he has approved your choice and signed your learning agreement are you allowed to attend your chosen courses.
Once your choices have been finalized and approved by the study abroad coordinator, you will be officially enrolled in your courses. He will help you with the enrollment.