Aims of the Project
The Zurich in Anglophone Literatures project aims to make a broad selection of English-language works set in or referencing Zurich more readily accessible:
- Locals might want to use the platform to gain a different perspective on a place with which they have long been familiar.
- Visitors may wish to enrich their real-life Zurich experience with fictional forays through Switzerland's largest city.
- New residents might use the platform as a sort of 'home-making device,' i.e. to locate texts or information that will help them feel more at home here.
- Teachers, pupils, and students can find material for classroom activities and further study.
- Others may simply enjoy the site for its entertainment value, or as a way to find ideas for future reading, or as a resource for their own academic projects.
More information on the Zurich in Anglophone Literatures project – specifically, on selection criteria and the project's academic basis – is available in the Introduction.
How to Use This Platform
to be added
Please contact Martin Mühlheim if you have any questions about the Zurich in Anglophone Literatures project (or if you think that an important Zurich text is still missing from the platform).